How do I use the templates that come with the L*E*O software?
The L*E*O software CD comes with templates in Boardmaker, PDF, Microsoft Word, and RTF formats. These can be really useful if you aren't using Microsoft Windows XP and so can't install the L*E*O software. They are located on the CD in a folder called Card Templates.
If you are using Windows XP, you should note that the templates are not copied to your computer's hard drive when you install the software. In order to readily access them, you should copy the templates from the CD onto your hard drive. This is especially true if you are using the Boardmaker templates, as many versions of Boardmaker will only run with the CD in the drive.
1. Insert the L*E*O software CD into your computer's CD drive.
2. If you are running a version of Microsoft Windows, the L*E*O software installer may start running automatically. When this happens, just click Cancel, Yes and Finish to quit the L*E*O installation, and OK when told that the L*E*O device can't be updated.
3. Navigate to the L*E*O software CD using either the Macintosh Finder or My computer. If you are using a Macintosh, you should be able to just double-click on the CD to open it. If you are using Microsoft Windows, double-clicking the CD will cause the installer to start, so you will instead need to right-click on the L*E*O CD and select Explore to get to its contents.
4. Double-click on Board Templates.
5. Click once on any one of the sub-folders to select it, and then choose Copy from the Edit menu.
6. Navigate to the place on your computer's hard drive where you would like to copy the templates (e.g., the My Boards folder) and select Paste from the Edit menu.