How can I FaceTime with TD Talk?
FaceTiming with TD Talk is fairly simple, but first you'll need to make sure you are using an iPadiOS voice rather than an Acapela voice. A list of the voices that can be used can be found if you search the knowledgebase for "What voices can I use in TD Talk that will work with Facetime?".
- Once you are using one of the correct voices, if TD Talk is not already started, start TD Talk.
- Bring up the off-screen menu and choose the AssistiveTouch button in order to start AssistiveTouch
- Choose Home from the AssistiveTouch menu
- Start FaceTime
- If this is your first FaceTime call, choose New FaceTime; otherwise select the contact you want to call from the previously called list on the left and skip to step 8.
- Select the + sign if you want to call someone from your contacts or type in the phone number of the individual you want to FaceTime and hit return.
- Select FaceTime to begin the call
- From the AssistiveTouch menu select App Switcher
- Choose TD Talk
- The FaceTime window will appear in the corner of the screen so you can see who is speaking as you type in TD Talk.