Mirror app for I-series and Android phones
Mirror for Android™
Mirror for Android allows you to view and interact with a USB-connected Android device through your Windows device. Using touch or Computer Control eye gaze, the user can interact with the Android device through the Mirror for Android app on the Windows device. Connect an Android phone to text, make calls, or play games. Connect a Kindle to enjoy books and other content.
Host device - Windows 10
Connected device - Android 5 or higher
You will need a USB-C to USB- A cable or a micro USB to USB-A cable depending on the model of your phone. Some phone companies may include an adapter to use, but this may not work. Having the whole cable is the best option. Some cables only provide a charging capability, not data capability. Usually these are the less expensive option.
Mirror for Android comes pre-installed on Tobii Dynavox I-13 and I-16 devices. Skip to the next section if you are using an I-13 or I-16.
Mirror for Android does not require a license and is free to use.
1. On your Windows device, download Mirror for Android from https://www.mytobiidynavox.com/Support/Downloads
2. Run the installer and follow the on-screen directives to complete the installation.
Set Up Android Debug Bridge
Android Debug Bridge (adb) allows you to issue commands to and communicate with your Android device from the Windows device. To use Android Debug Bridge with a device connected over USB, you must enable USB debugging in the Android device system settings.
2. Select Software Information
3. Tap on Build number seven times.
4. Go back, then select Developer options.* *The location of Developer options varies by device. You may need to use the Search function in Settings to find it.
5. Scroll down to the Debugging section and enable Android debugging or USB debugging.
- Connect the Android device to the Windows device via USB cable.
Depending on the software you use:
- In Snap Core First, launch Mirror for Android. Use the button on the Dashboard page or create your own launch button using the Launch Application action.
- To open from Communicator 5, go to the Quick Menu and choose Edit Home Page. Choose Add Page Sets at the top of the page, then Other Files and Applications. Find the application called scrcpy in C:\Program Files\Mirror for Android. Select it and choose the checkmark at the bottom right to confirm your selection.
- The mirror of the Android device will appear on the Windows device. It is accessible by touch or Computer Control gaze interaction.