Look to Learn from Smartbox Assistive Technology is a motivational and fun software package with 40 activities designed for adults and children starting out with eye gaze technology. These activities have been specially created to improve access and choice making skills ranging from early cause and effect through to accurate eye gaze control.
Try Look to Learn now!
Five areas of learning
The 40 Look to Learn activities have been split into five key areas of learning and development:
- Sensory – Teaches cause and effect
- Explore – Encourages engagement with the entire screen
- Target – Helps improve accuracy of eye gaze access
- Choose – Develops choice making skills
- Control – Improves eye control
Look to Learn provides a progression from early cause and effect activities right through to choice making and game playing. This process develops the eye gaze skills required for alternative communication, literacy development and computer access.
Customized for you
Get creative and have some fun! Many of the activities can be customized to include favorite images or videos.
Look to Learn has been created in conjunction with teachers and therapists from across the UK to provide the tools needed for assessment including:
- Eye tracking – Where on the screen are you looking? Are you engaged with the content?
- Targeting – Learning to find targets and fix your gaze on it.
- Choice making – Introducing early choice making in preparation for AAC.
The built-in analysis tool creates a heat map to show where you have looked on the screen during an activity. Heat maps can be saved, printed and used to measure progress and record successes.
If you are looking for a tool that helps you assess and analysis, regardless of the application, take a closer look at Tobii Dynavox Gaze Viewer.