Learning Outcomes: Upon completion, participants could:
- Introducing four pillars of implementation for supporting individuals with complex communication and learning needs: Education, communication, access, and social/emotional learning. Using case studies, we will explore tools and strategies for success within all four pillars in classroom and therapy settings. We will share practical day‐in‐the‐life activities, resources, and tips that you can begin using immediately with your unique students in your setting!
Time Ordered Agenda (8:30 – 3:00 pm):
- Define complex communication and learning.
- List and describe 4 implementation pillars for addressing the needs of children with special needs.
- Describe resources for supporting learning, access, communication and social/emotional development.
For Questions Contact: Amber Dollar M. Ed. at email@example.com
- Introductions, disclosures (15 min)
- Pillars of Implementation: Education, Communication, Access, and Social Emotional (15 min.)
- Complex Communication and Learning: Definitions and Ability Level Continuum (30 minutes)
- Case Study #1: Determine ability level, setting goals, implementation resources. (60 minutes)
- Case Study #2: Determine ability level, setting goals, implementation resources. (60 minutes)
- Boardmaker Online Throughout the Day: Practical day-in-the-life tips and tricks (60 minutes)
- Boardmaker Online Instructional Solutions – Curriculum for Communication, ELA, Social Studies (45 minutes)
- Q & A 15 minutes
This course will be offered for 0.5 ASHA CEUs (Introductory level, Professional Area).
Course Content Level:
Date & Time:
Thursday, April 19, 2018 08:30 AM -
Free of Charge
Amber Dollar M.Ed, is a seasoned educator and administrator with over twenty years experience in public education. Prior to joining Tobii Dynavox, Amber served in the public schools in numerous roles including teacher, special education coordinator, transition specialist, AT supervisor, and curriculum writer. Now Amber is a Learning Program Manager on the Learning Services team. In this role, she develops and facilitates virtual and on-site learning and creates implementation resources for families and professionals. She also presents at local, national, and international conferences about educational and AAC topics. Amber's contact information is firstname.lastname@example.org