Release Notes - Compass Software, Version 1.1
New Features and Enhancements
- This release of the software includes enhancements for text to speech:
- The Voice Settings menu has been redesigned and includes new, simple voice name conventions, a voice boost setting, and improvements to voices, voice volume, and voice rate settings.
- Improved support for backward compatibility of voice settings when restoring from a backup file.
- The SetVoice() action has been reprogrammed to allow voice selection based on age and gender rather than by speech engine and voice name.
- The following voices have been added for devices shipped within the U.S. and Canada:
- American Spanish – Penelope and Miguel
- French – Celine and Mathieu
- Canadian French – Chantal
- The following voices have been added for devices shipped outside of North America:
- Australian English – Nicole and Russell
- British English – Emma, Amy, and Brian
- French – Celine and Mathieu
- German – Marlene and Hans
- The Compass App (Speaking Version) now includes Sample Pagesets, which contain a sampling of the topics and settings available in the full NavBar, Master Page, and Stroke & Brain Injury Persona pagesets.
- System keyboards for all pagesets now include "double quotes" for enhancing communication and also to simplify working with variables in the Action Editor.
- This release of the Compass software includes editing enhancements:
- The ability to select multiple objects on a page and move them as a unit or edit the common properties of multiple objects at the same time.
- Icons in the Property Panel have been updated.
- The edit properties icon of the tab pane is more easily selectable.
- Closed devices now have access to Help items located on myDynaVox.
- The slider control has been improved for Touch Enter and Touch Exit access methods.
- Age ranges have been added to the Setup Wizard.
- A new action, OpenWhiteboard(), has been added.
- In the previous version of the software, there were some issues with downloads failing when using slow or intermittent Internet connections. Improvements have been made in this release that will decrease the likelihood of downloads failing in those circumstances.
- In the previous version of the software, there were some issues with the ChangeWordForm() action in the message window of the Word Power pagesets:
- Adding a plural suffix to already plural words.
- Generating inappropriate plurals.
- Generating inappropriate adjective superlatives.
- Undo() action not undoing changes made by the ChangeWordForm() action.
These issues have been fixed in this release.
- ChangeWordVariant(), and Show Misspellings were sometimes not working together in the previous version of the software. When the ChangeWordVarient() action in the message window generated a misspelling, it was not indicated as incorrect by spell check. This has been fixed in this release.
- In the previous version of the software, there were some speech-related issues. This release includes improvements to address the occasional failure with speech, such as when speaking large amounts of text in the message window. This has been fixed in this release.
- In the previous version of the software, when restoring a backup file made on the T10 device to a Windows computer, voice settings were not always restored as expected. This has been fixed in this release.
- On the T10 device, in the previous version of the software, Help videos in myDynaVox would not play. This has been fixed in this release.
- On the T10 device, in the previous version of the software, it was not possible to create a new page using a template. This has been fixed in this release.