How to Use a Blue2 Bluetooth Switch for Scanning
Your Tobii Dynavox T10 supports both autoscan (the software will automatically scan the page - you select the scanning speed, scan pattern, and number of passes) and two-switch scanning (Switch 1 advances the scan, and Switch 2 makes the selection).
To set up your T10 for scanning, you must set up a Bluetooth wireless connection ("pair") your T10 to the switch. Following are instructions for pairing your T10 to a Blue2 Bluetooth Switch for scanning.
1. Turn off your T10, then turn it back on.
Note: It is important to make sure that the Tobii Dynavox App is completely closed before pairing your T10 and the switch.
2. On the Blue2 Bluetooth Switch, slide the Power switch to the On position.
3. Press the Reset button on the back of the switch. Lights will flash sequentially.
4. Select the Apps Menu icon at the top right corner of your desktop. The Apps menu will open.
5. Select the Settings button on the Apps menu. The Settings menu will open.
6. Find Bluetooth in the list in the left viewport and make sure that Bluetooth is set to the On position.
7. Select Bluetooth. The right viewport will display all of the Bluetooth-enabled devices in the immediate area.
Note: If Dual Pedal does not appear in the viewport, press the Reset button on the back of the switch, and then select Search for Devices at the top right corner of the screen.
8. Select Dual Pedal. A single light on the switch will flash slowly when the switch has paired to your T10.
9. Launch your Tobii Dynavox app.
10. Select the Settings button in the Toolbar.
Note: If the Toolbar is hidden, first select the Modify Button at the top right corner of your screen. Then select Settings.
11. Select Access Method from the Settings menu. The Access Method menu will open.
12. Select Scanning.
13. Select the blue Settings button next to Scanning. The Scanning Settings menu will open.
14. Select Two Switch from the Scan Type drop-down list.
15. Select a scan speed, pattern, and number of passes.
16. Select the green Done button at the top right corner of the screen to return to the Access Method menu.
17. Select the Switch 1 Input drop-down list and make a selection from the list (The list of Switch inputs will match the inputs available on the Blue2 Bluetooth Switch.)
18. Select the Switch 2 Input drop-down list and make a selection from the list. (The list of Switch 2 inputs will match the inputs available on the Blue2 Bluetooth Switch.)
19. On your Blue2 Bluetooth Switch, press the Mode button that represents the Switch 1 and Switch 2 inputs you have chosen.
20. Select the green Done button at the top right corner of the screen.
21. Select Done on the Access Method menu.
22. Select Back on the Settings menu.
23. You should now be returned to your Home Page. You can now begin using the Scanning selection method with your Blue2 Bluetooth Switch.