How to Manage Your Word Lists in Compass
1. Select the Settings button in the Toolbar.
If the Toolbar is hidden, first select the Modify Button at the top right corner of your screen. Then select Settings.
2. Select Vocabulary.
3. Select Word Lists to open the Vocabulary menu.
4. Navigate through the folders (use the arrow button at the upper left of the screen) to move up through the layers of folders. Select a folder to open it.
5. When you find the folder or item you wish to edit, select Manage at the top right corner of the screen.
If you are adding a new folder or item, navigate to the level to which you want to add the folder or item, then select Manage.
When you select the Manage button, a button bar will open.
6. Select the item you want to modify. Then select the applicable button on the button bar.
Edit - The Edit Vocabulary dialog will open. Enter a new label, browse for a symbol, and add or change the message. Or select the trash icon to delete the selected item. Then select Save on the Edit Vocabulary dialog.
Note: The Message field will not be present when you are editing or adding a folder.
- Copy To - The Select a Folder screen will open. Navigate through the levels to find the destination folder.
- Order - Use the First, left arrow, right arrow, or Last buttons at the top of the screen to reorder the selected item.
- New Folder - Create a new folder.
- New Item - Create a new item. The Edit Vocabulary dialog will open. Enter a label, browse for a symbol, and add a message.Then select Save on the Edit Vocabulary dialog.
- Delete item - Select the trash can icon.
7. Select the green Done button at the top right corner of the screen.