1. To register for Tobii Dynavox for Professionals, you will need your own myTobiiDynavox account.
2. To create your account, please visit myTobiiDynavox.com and follow the instructions.
3. If you are an existing myTobiiDynavox account member, please log in.
4. Once you have logged into your myTobiiDynavox account, select the Store option across the top in Green.
5. Select Get Compass, scroll down the page to the Professionals section, and select the Verify Membership green button.
6. Enter your first and last name, email, company address etc. At the Professional affiliation, open the list and choose your organization.
If your organization is not there, choose other.
7. Once you have been verified, you will need to download the Compass Connect App.
8. Access the Support tab on your homepage and Downloads. Download the Compass software: If you are using a Windows PC, choose the Compass app companion version.
If you are installing an iPad, visit the app store and search for tobii dynavox compass (include the space). Select the free Compass Connect app.
Congratulations, you are now ready to start using the Tobii Dynavox compass app!
Next, Let's download Communicator 5!
- First, you will need to be logged in to your Tobii Dynavox for Professionals account via myTobiiDynavox.com.
- Once you’re logged in, you will notice a call out on the overview page that prompts you to get your Communicator 5 license key. Click on the generate License key to receive your License.
- Note: Write down or copy and paste your key in an email or to a word document – you will need it later during the install. This license key can also be found on the Overview and License tabs, when logged into your myTobiiDynavox account.
- Next, click on the “Communicator 5” link in that same call out box. You will be taken to the Tobii Dynavox Communicator 5 Software (Full Suite) section of the Downloads page.
- In the drop down, select the language you would like to use. Click on the “Download Software” button.
- When the file is finished downloading, make sure to unzip the Tobii Communicator Suite folder. Once the folder is unzipped, double click on the “SetupCommunicatorSuite.exe” option.
- A pop-up box will appear. Click “Run” and go through the Install process.
- Once Communicator 5 has installed, you will find it on your Desktop. Click on the Communicator 5 icon to complete the install
- If you receive an error stating “The program can’t start because mfc120u.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.” – Please contact Tobii Dynavox Technical Support
- When you open Communicator 5, click on the “License Manager” button.
- You will now be prompted to enter the license key you were given. Enter in your license key and hit “Enter”.
- Congratulations, you are now ready to start using the Tobii Dynavox Communicator software!