Why do I get an error stating that the bios failed to update?
If an I-110 device is failing to update the BIOS, it could be due to an issue with spaces being in the Windows username. This can be checked by going to the C:\Users folder and checking if the username folder has spaces in it.
If the username contains spaces please follow the steps below.
- If the I-110 BIOS Updater v220.127.116.11 has already been downloaded and installed open File Explorer and browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Tobii Dynavox\I-110 BIOS Updater
- Select the "Upgrade" folder then right-click it. Choose Copy.
- In the File Explorer, select the C drive
- Paste the Upgrade folder directly to the C drive
- Open the Upgrade folder
- Open the onyxUpgradeAp
- Make sure that BIOS UPDATE is marked then select File Path
- Follow Path > C:\Upgrade
- Select BGIB1B00.v18
- Select Open
- Select Update
- After the BIOS Update has run, a message should appear indicating the device must be restarted. Restart the device to complete the BIOS update.