Are there any tips for following the moving stimulus during calibration?
There are a few ways that can make following the calibration stimulus easier. These settings can all be found in Gaze Interaction Settings. Choose the Calibration tab and select Settings...
- Create a deeper contrast – change the background colors and stimulus dot colors
- Change the Calibration area of the screen to a smaller area where the user can reach with his/her sight easier.
- Change the stimulus type to an image or video that may hold onto the user's attention. When changing the stimulus type to an image or video, remember to choose a Primary stimulus. A secondary stimulus is optional.
- Change the stimulus size or speed. Make the stimulus larger if needed for those with visual impairments. Make the stimulus smaller for those who need a more accurate area of the screen to aim their gaze at. Speed up the stimulus for users who have a shorter attention span or slow down the stimulus for users who take longer to move their eyes across the screen.
- If none of the stimulus speeds available are useful, you may want to try using the keyboard step through to move the point when the client is ready.