Release Notes - Compass Software, Version 1.3
New Features and Enhancements
- The Android toolbar on the T10 device can now be disabled under Lock Device in the Compass Interface Settings.
- In this release of the software, the word prediction engine has been replaced with the highly rated and award-winning SwiftKey word prediction engine, resulting in a substantial improvement in predicted results. (For more information, see http://www.swiftkey.net/en/media/.)
- Word prediction has been removed from the Compass Windows editing software for all operating systems.
- Tobii Dynavox no longer supports the Windows speaking software for the XP operating system. Only Windows Vista or higher operating systems are supported.
- On the iPad and Windows Compass app, a Voice Manager has been added to enable the user to download and install additional voices from mytobiidynavox.com. (The Voice Manager was introduced on the T10 device in Version 1.2 release of the software.)
- The extension for importing and exporting pages in the Page Browser has been changed to .pak.
- This release of the software features updates to the Onscreen Keyboard application for the T10 device, including the ability to backup, restore, and import custom keyboards.
- Improvements have been made to swiping on the iPad and T10 device.
- In the previous version of the software, voices would sometimes "stutter" when speaking message window text and when using the SpeakMessage() action. This has been fixed in this release.
- In the previous version of the software, it was sometimes not possible to delete a page or folder in the Page Browser. This has been fixed in this release.
- In the previous version of the software, on the T10 device, when the Compass app was opened for the first time after an install or upgrade, and the system went into sleep mode, a voice sometimes become unusable. This has been fixed in this release.