Mirror app for I-series and Android phones
Mirror for Android™
Mirror for Android allows you to view and interact with a USB-connected Android device through your Windows device. Using touch or Computer Control eye gaze, the user can interact with the Android device through the Mirror for Android app on the Windows device. Connect an Android phone to text, make calls, or play games. Connect a Kindle to enjoy books and other content.
Host device - Windows 10
Connected device - Android 5 or higher
You will need a USB-C to USB- A cable or a micro USB to USB-A cable depending on the model of your phone. Some phone companies may include an adapter to use, but this may not work. Having the whole cable is the best option. Some cables only provide a charging capability, not data capability. Usually these are the less expensive option.
Mirror for Android comes pre-installed on Tobii Dynavox I-13 and I-16 devices. Skip to the next section if you are using an I-13 or I-16.
Mirror for Android does not require a license and is free to use.
1. On your Windows device, download Mirror for Android from https://www.mytobiidynavox.com/Support/Downloads
2. Run the installer and follow the on-screen directives to complete the installation.
Set Up Android Debug Bridge
Android Debug Bridge (adb) allows you to issue commands to and communicate with your Android device from the Windows device. To use Android Debug Bridge with a device connected over USB, you must enable USB debugging in the Android device system settings.
2. Tap on Build number seven times.
3. Go back, then select Developer options.* *The location of Developer options varies by device. You may need to use the Search function in Settings to find it.
4. Scroll down to the Debugging section and enable Android debugging or USB debugging.
1. Connect the Android device to the Windows device via USB cable.
2. In Snap Core First, launch Mirror for Android. Use the button on the Dashboard page or create your own launch button using the Launch Application action.
To open from Communicator 5 or from a desktop icon, find the application in C:\Program Files\Mirror for Android, and it is called "scrcpy".
You can either add a shortcut on the desktop of the device, or put a page on the homepage in Communicator 5 that will open from that location.