Mirror app for I-series and Android phones
Mirror for Android™
Mirror for Android allows you to view and interact with a USB-connected Android device through your Windows device. Using touch or Computer Control eye gaze, the user can interact with the Android device through the Mirror for Android app on the Windows device. Connect an Android phone to text, make calls, or play games. Connect a Kindle to enjoy books and other content.
Host device - Windows 10
Connected device - Android 5 or higher
Mirror for Android comes pre-installed on Tobii Dynavox I-13 and I-16 devices. Skip to the next section if you are using an I-13 or I-16.
Mirror for Android does not require a license and is free to use.
1. On your Windows device, download Mirror for Android from https://www.mytobiidynavox.com/Support/Downloads
2. Run the installer and follow the on-screen directives to complete the installation.
Set Up Android Debug Bridge
Android Debug Bridge (adb) allows you to issue commands to and communicate with your Android device from the Windows device. To use Android Debug Bridge with a device connected over USB, you must enable USB debugging in the Android device system settings.
When Android Debug Bridge is enabled, a device connected via USB has full access to your Android device. This means that the connected device could be used to install or remove apps and view private data. Care must be taken to only connect to known devices. If you plan to connect your Android device to a public USB (such as a charging station) or any other potentially compromised device, then USB debugging should be disabled prior to connecting.1. On your Android device, open Settings and select About.
2. Tap on Build number seven times.
3. Go back, then select Developer options.* *The location of Developer options varies by device. You may need to use the Search function in Settings to find it.
4. Scroll down to the Debugging section and enable Android debugging or USB debugging.
On some devices, you may need to enable the setting USB debugging (Security settings).
1. Connect the Android device to the Windows device via USB cable.
2. In Snap Core First, launch Mirror for Android. Use the button on the Dashboard page or create your own launch button using the Launch Application action.
To open from Communicator 5 or from a desktop icon, find the application in C:\Program Files\Mirror for Android, and it is called "scrcpy".
You can either add a shortcut on the desktop of the device, or put a page on the homepage in Communicator 5 that will open from that location.
The Android device touch screen can also be used while the screen is being mirrored. As such, one person can interact via the mirror on the Windows device and another person can interact via the Android touch screen. In this way, the individuals can read a book together, play a game, or otherwise collaborate.