How to take a screen shot on a Tobii Dynavox device for a custom keyguard.
If you would like a custom key guard and were instructed from Tobii Dynavox Customer Service to take a screen shot, follow these steps.
Note: It will be much easier to use an external keyboard with a Print Screen (PrtSc) button connected to the device. A wired USB connected keyboard is the simplest way to go, however a Bluetooth connected keyboard will also work.
- Open the AAC (communication) software that is used.
- Open the desired page.
- Make sure the app or software is in full screen mode.
- Use the PrtSc button on the external keyboard connected to the device. Please Note: it will look like nothing happened but it has been pasted into your computer's clipboard.
- Navigate to the Windows desktop.
- In the search bar type Paint.
- In the tool bar area, select Paste - this will put the screen shot into Paint.
- From the File pull down menu, select Save.
- Enter a name for the file and note where it is saved.
- Send the saved file as an email attachment as directed by Tobii Dynavox.