How to Keep a Person In Snap + Core First on an I-110, Indi, I-12+, or I-15+ device
To eliminate the concern that Tablet Mode is causing any of the issue of seeing the Taskbar at the bottom of the screen:
- Connect a USB keyboard - if this is an Indi use a Micro USB to Standard USB adapter.
- Exit all programs and close all windows.
- In the bottom right corner, select the bubble to the right of the date and time.
- In the Action Center, select All Settings.
- Select System.
- On the left, select Tablet mode.
- Under When I sign in, select Use desktop mode.
- Close the window.
To extinguish the need to log into Windows when booting up:
- Right click the Start menu and select Run.
- In the Open text box, type “netplwiz” (without the quotes).
- Touch the name of the user listed so it is highlighted in blue.
- Clear the checkbox for Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.
- Enter and confirm the computer’s password twice as indicated.
- Select OK.
To keep the user within SCF once the software is loaded:
Steps 1 through 4:
- DO NOT apply to I-12+ shipped before 01/18/2018 and I-15+ that shipped before01/02/2018
- DO apply to I-12+ shipped after 01/18/2018 and I-15+ devices that shipped after 01/02/2018
- From the Start menu, select the Tobii Dynavox folder, and then select Windows Settings Utility.
- Configure this window with the following:
- Enable Edge Swipe – not checked
- Enable Lock Screen – not checked
- Enable Run Snap at Startup – checked (there may be a delay before you can check or uncheck this box)
- Enable Home Button – not checked (this item will be grayed out on I-12+ and I-15+ devices)
- Select Close.
- Select Restart Later.
- Launch Snap + Core First
- Go into Settings.
- Select System.
- Turn Use Passcode to On and setup a code that you will remember.
- Turn Full Screen Mode to On.
- Select Done.
- On the physical keyboard, press Alt + F4.
- From the Start menu, select the Power Icon, and then select Restart.