How do you add a group of email addresses to an email in Communicator 5?
While contact groups are not a current functionality in Communicator 5, these options will allow you to quickly add multiple recipients to an email. This is useful if you find yourself emailing the same group of people repeatedly.
Creating a new Phrase allows easy access to a string of email addresses without any further editing of a pageset.
- Open “My Phrases” in Communicator.
- Add a new category.
- Write the new category name (for example “Email Groups”) and then press the green keybord button in the bottom right corner.
- Add a new phrase in that new category.
- Write the new phrase containing the addresses you want to use, separated by semicolons (for example, "firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com") and then click the green keyboard button in the bottom right corner.
- In the E-mail pageset, when typing a new address, you can select the phrase you created to quickly add the addresses in at once.
Creating a new button on the pageset allows for quick access to a string of email addresses, but requires deeper editing and is recommended only if you have familiarity with advanced pageset editing.
- In Communicator 5, click the Speak button
- Open the Quick Menu and select Edit Page Set.
- On the left side, where you have all the pages in that pageset, scroll down to the page “E-mail address & Web” and click on the page so that you can edit it.
- Create a new button on the page.
- Add a “Write” action to the button.
- Select “Write this text” and enter the Email addresses separated by a semicolon (for example, “firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com”)
- Chose option “Don’t write picture”
- Click OK button, then OK again.
- Save the pageset, overwriting your current keyboard.