How do I load music in the Music Player in Communicator 5?
To load music into the Communnicator 5 music player, please follow these steps.
- Open the Quick Menu, either by pressing/holding on the screen for three seconds or by pressing the Menu button (three-dots) on the side of an I-Series device
- Select Advanced Settings
- Choose the Applications tab
- Select Music Player. This window gives you the opportunity to choose the folders that the Music player uses to find music files. You can copy the music files to a folder on the device (in the Windows environment), and then add it to the music library or copy the music to one of the folders already listed.
- To add a folder, choose Add on the right, and you can browse for the location
- To remove a folder, select it and select Remove
- Check the box that says “Rebuild music library now” so the files can be added to the Music Player.
- Choose OK
- Exit Advanced Settings
Depending on how much music is added, it may take quite some time for the new music to appear. Since this is communication software, the music player in Communicator is not very robust. It may be best to limit the amount of music to no more than three or four albums. If the user would like more music, s/he may be able to use Windows Control to access the Windows Media Player.