How do I Access only the Snap App and no other Apps on the Indi device?
If you would like a person to only have access to the Snap app and no other apps on the device, you must set up assigned access.
- The first user account that you created on your device is an administrator user. Log in on your device with that user account.
- Download the EnableAssignedAccess.zip file to your device. ftp://dynaenable:64KB29BZ@dynavoxftp.com/
- Run the file EnableLockScreen.reg.
- Restart your device.
- Log in as the administrator user again.
- Press and hold the windows icon in the lower right corner.
- Select the Run
- Type in "control userspasswords2" without the quotes.
- User Account window will open. Select the Add. option. Enter the name of the person you would like to add.
- At the bottom of the menu select the Sign in without a Microsoft account
- Select the Local account option.
- Enter a name and password. Remember to write this down somewhere so you can retrieve this at a later date. There is no way to retrieve this information any other way. Select finish when complete
Note: You must create a user account for the person who will be restricted to only using Snap on the device. this user will be referred to as the managed user.
NOTE: The managed user you just created will now appear in the "Other people" list.
Setup assigned Access
- Select the account you created in the steps above.
- Select the Set up assigned access
- Choose which account will have assigned access
- Choose which app this account can access.
- Choose Snap + Core First
- Exit the Windows Settings menu.
- Select the Windows icon in the lower left corner and select the User icon to show available users available.
- Choose your new user. The windows sing on screen will appear. enter the password.
- The system will take a few minutes getting things ready. Then the user will boot and launch Snap + Core First.
- To exit assigned Access you will need to select CTRL + ALT + DEL, an external keyboard will be needed.
- Select the admin user and password