How can I fix Snap not opening when I double click the icon?
After Microsoft pushes out their major creator's updates, some apps are unable to open. This includes Snap + Core First. First and most importantly do not uninstall Snap + Core First. This issue occurred during the Fall Creator's Update in 2017 and Spring Creator's Update in 2018 so it may happen again in future Windows Creator's updates. Please follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Typically, after a few days to a week Microsoft fixes the update or puts out a new update to fix the Creator's update. For example, in 2018 Microsoft released the Creator's Update on April 30. On May 8 they released a number of fixes for the issues that the update in April caused. So, first run Windows Updates. The update may not appear immediately and so you may need to run Windows Updates two or three times.
- Select the Windows symbol button on the taskbar and choose the settings button.
- Choose Apps.
- Scroll down to Snap + Core First and select it.
- Choose Advanced options below it.
- Select the Repair button.
- Exit from Settings and attempt to open Snap + Core First.