The Beamz laser controller and its accompanying software allow users of all ages, physical and cognitive abilities to play music using hundreds of musical instruments, sound effects and songs.
What is Beamz?
With an optional laser controller and powerful software, the Beamz Interactive Music System plays music when you break any of the 4 beams, either on the controller or on-screen using eye gaze, to trigger an instrument. Each instrument is played in tune and you can play single notes or break the beams to play the instrument continuously.
Maintain health and accelerate healing
If you are a professional working in Occupational, Physical, Neurological, Music or Recreation Therapy, the Beamz Interactive Music System is an excellent tool to have at hand. Beamz is already being used in homes, schools, rehabilitation centers and hospitals. Imagine a treatment, intervention or maintenance plan that has your patients and clients working toward their functional objectives with music as the vehicle.
Target an array of skills
Use Beamz to teach basic cause and effect, directionality, sequencing, fine and gross motor skills, common core subjects and more. You can also use it as an incentive or reward for productivity.
- Fine and gross motor
- Cause and effect
- Social interaction
An extensive music library includes songs from all genre types and introduces instruments and music styles that may have never been discover independently. Furthermore, the songs sound great, the first time they are played and every time.
Play music using only your eyes
With a universal design, you can provide your patients and clients with as much or as little support as they may need to make progress. Beamz lasers can be triggered by:
- Physically interrupting the laser beam with any body part or object.
- Using an adapted keyboard.
- Attaching an interface and switch.
- Using Tobii eye trackers to break the beams on-screen, either from within the Beamz software adapted for gaze interaction or the free Tobii Communicator pageset with Beamz software installed (see side bar for differences between the standard Beamz software and the special Tobii Edition).
- Utilizing a computer or IOS smart device with a touchscreen or a Tobii assistive technology eye tracker. Please note that Tobii eye trackers are not compatible with Mac OS or iOS.
- Interactive whiteboard.
Create social connections
A remarkable aspect of Beamz is the opportunity for having fun with family and friends, disabled or not. A multi-generational appeal brings together children, parents, grand and great grandparents in the most fun and interactive way.