Beginning early you can jump start your child’s language development. It can make the difference between language learning success and lifelong language difficulties. Snap Scene will set your child on the right path to communication.
Take a photo and tag it with recordings to let your child communicate on the fly. Snap Scene turns everyday moments into chances to learn to communicate naturally.
Designed for young children, as early as infancy, at the beginning stages of learning communication who do not speak, may be slower in learning to talk, may speak but are difficult to understand or are at risk for communication challenges
Communication in a snap
Using Snap Scene is as easy as 1, 2, 3...
- Take a photo
- Outline the objects of interest
- Record a message for each object
- Save and you are done
Communicate in the moment
Focus on the topics and content that interest your child no matter where you are or what you’re doing. By using Snap Scene, your child is an active part of the conversation.
Provides quick and easy language growth
Using Snap Scene puts your child’s language and literacy growth on the right path! Here are just a few of the benefits you can expect to find:
- A simple design – spend more time communicating rather than time flipping through an manual on how to set up a scene
- Natural and intuitive navigation between scenes – no training is required to use the program
- Tap on a hotspot and the word appears on the screen when spoken – this reinforces word meaning and literacy
- Recordings are in a familiar voice that’s recognizable to your child.
Research-based and tested
Snap Scene is based on Easy VSD, which was shown in research by Dr. Janice Light to increase:
- Initiating and maintaining social interactions
- Sharing information and expressing needs and wants
- Using new words and concepts including colors, numbers, and letter sounds
- Combining words and concepts to express more complex ideas
Tobii Dynavox Pathways™ is a free companion app for Snap Scene. It is developed to help parents apply best practices and proven techniques for how to impact their child's communication.
Pathways provides tips, suggestions, and videos that show how to get the most out of Snap Scene. The combination of Snap Scene and Pathways gives you and your child the best possible tools to make the learning process rewarding.
Packed with expert knowledge
Pathways is broken down into four sections. In these sections, you’ll find the expert knowledge on how to use the app with your child.
- Getting started help
- Ideas on how to keep your child engaged and have their communication keep growing
- Step-by-step instructions on how to use it resources that discuss
- Why it works
Learn how to recognize scenes that motivate your child and how to be an effective communication partner. You’ll also find:
- Step-by-step examples for various age or developmental levels
- Helpful how-to videos
- Ideas for scenes based on categories or senses that motivate your child
Discover how to grow your child’s skills through observation and development tracking. We’ll equip you with:
- The ability to add scenes to the My Stuff folder for easy access
- An evaluation on how you’re growing your skills as a communication partner
How to use it
Find resources designed to help you do more, with the tools you already own. In this section, you can explore:
- Troubleshooting help
- Pathways instructional videos
Why It Works
We’ve boiled down all the complex research into everyday language and useful advice. Here you can discover:
- Research and resources behind the software
- Articles supporting the research
- Common myths and why not to believe them