Relaxed computer access
Gaze Selection makes it possible to control your desktop, or any other application, through a simple, two-step process that reduces the risk of unwanted clicks. All you have to do is select the desired task that you want to perform, like a double click. Then, look at the desired area or icon on the screen where you want to execute the task.
With Gaze Selection you get:
- More relaxed computer access – With the two-step process of Gaze Selection, clicks are made intentionally and navigation is more intuitive, creating a relaxed and natural computing environment that is easy on your shoulders and neck.
- Ability to hit smaller targets – Gaze Selection has a unique zoom feature that provides virtually pixel-precise control of where you point, click and drag.
- Faster computer access – Efficiently access all of the functions of your computer with fewer mistakes and clicks, and at a higher speed.
- Integrated keyboard – The built in keyboard lets you write texts or enter a web address. The keyboard in Gaze Selection now uses SwiftKey word prediction, enabling faster and more accurate typing.
Functions overlay and taskbar give you total access
Central to Gaze Selection are the taskbar and the windows overlay. The task bar is the area on the screen that holds all of the functions that you can perform, such as left click, right click, activating the keyboard and so on. Using the task bar is a quick, two-step process that makes for very accurate and relaxed computer access.
You also use the taskbar to bring up the functions overlay, which gives you access to Windows specific commands such as the Cortana button, notifications, app switcher, settings and other functions.
Through the taskbar and functions overlay you gain access to all of the functions of your computer, regardless if you rely on gaze, touch or switch input.
On-screen keyboard with SwiftKey word prediction
The Gaze Selection keyboards now include the SwiftKey word prediction, which learns the way you type and the words and phrases that matter to you, constantly adapting to your personal writing style. With this knowledge, the keyboard proactively suggests what you are likely to type next. This improves your typing experience through:
- Faster typing – Next words are predicted with such accuracy that you usually do not need to press, or look at, more than two letters.
- More accurate typing – SwiftKey uses advanced error correction for text you can rely on in a fraction of the time it takes on a regular keyboard.
- Intelligence – SwiftKey actually learns as you type and remembers how you write. Over time, the prediction engine creates a dynamic understanding of your writing style to boost the accuracy and speed of the prediction.
- Next-word prediction – SwiftKey offers intelligent next-word prediction by analyzing the context of your sentence and input behavior.
Currently, SwiftKey word prediction is available in 22 languages in Gaze Selection.