Resources for Professionals
Use these tools during an AAC evaluation or part of an ongoing assessment.
Use these forms, checklists, and activities as you assess an individual's need for and ability to use AAC.
Identifying Needs and Interests
Find ideas for children and adults that focus on different areas where using Compass might be useful.
Ideas for Children
Find lesson plans for children and adults to help get started wtih Compass.
First Steps for Preschoolers and School Age Children
- Emergent (Level 1) Lesson Plans
- Emergent Transitional (Level 2) Lesson Plans
- Context Dependent (Level 3) Lesson Plans
- Transitional (Level 4) Lesson Plans
- Independent (Level 5) Lesson Plans
First Steps for Individuals with Stroke & Brain Injury
AAC Goal Writing
Use these resources to write goals during an evaluation, track progress, or assess progress at the end of a reporting period.
Discover information about key research that informed the creation of Compass pagesets.
Articles at a Glance
- AAC & Severe Aphasia Enhancing Communication Across the Continuum of Recovery
- AAC for Persons with Aphasia
- Communication Based Interventions for People with Aphasia
- Visual Scene Displays (VSD): New AAC Interface
- Life Participation Approach to Aphasia
- Tell Me Your Story: Script Topics
- Making Communication a Shared Event
- Remediation and Compensation
- Drawing in Aphasia