I get a high pitched sound from the speakers
The sound is most likely acoustic feedback caused by wrong speaker settings. Check that the microphone for the speaker is disabled:
- Right click speaker symbol in systray (small icon next to the time/date)
- Choose playback devices
- Select the "Speakers, Realtek High Definition Audio"
- Click properties
- Open the tab "Levels"
- Mute the microphone by clicking on the speaker icon
- Make sure that the "Microphone, Realtek High Definition Audio" is set as Default Device.
- NOTE! IF the above doesn't fix the problem - go to Microphone properties - Listen tab - make sure that the box that says "Listen to this device" is Not ticked in.