How do I set up my AT&T Yahoo! email in Communicator?
This article is for AT&T Yahoo! accounts only. If you have a Yahoo! email account that is not from AT&T please use the default Yahoo! settings in Communicator. If you use AT&T as your Internet provider and use a Yahoo! email account, please follow the steps below to set up email in Communicator.
- In Communicator, open Advanced Settings
- Choose the Applications tab
- Select E-mail
- Choose New...
- Select Configure manually and choose Next>>
- Next to Name, name your email account something familiar, type in your e-mail address next to E-Mail, and next to Password enter your secure mail key. If you have not created a secure mail key, please follow this link for instructions on how to do so... https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/email-support/KM1240308?gsi=B7N
- Once the Name, E-Mail, and Password are entered, select Next>>
- In the Incoming mail server (POP3) box type "inbound.mail.att.net"
- In the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box type "smtp.mail.att.net"
- Choose Next>>
- Choose Next>> again
- Next to the Incoming mail server (POP3) box type "993" then check "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)"
- Next to the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box type "465" then check "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)"
- Choose Finish.