The Boardmaker Software Family is the most popular choice among educators, speech-language pathologists and para-professionals for creating new and adapting existing activities for students with special needs.
What does that mean? It means that, with Boardmaker, you can create and adapt symbol-based activities that are a fit for all of your students – no matter their ability. Boardmaker Software Family titles feature more than 4,500 Picture Communication Symbols™ (PCS) in 44 languages, all in color and black and white.
How Teachers are Using Boardmaker Titles
Educators are using Picture Communication Symbols™ (PCS) with Boardmaker titles to enhance learning and communication for their students with special needs. Boardmaker gives educators the ability to create a wide range of materials with its wide range of time-saving tools and features. Here are just a few ideas:
- Visual schedules and social skills stories for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Incorporate sound bites, video clips, and images from the internet into your lessons
- Books and symbol-supported literacy activities for beginning and pre-readers
- Communication boards and device overlays for non-verbal students
- Worksheets and flash cards for English Language Learners
- Song and Story boards for preschoolers
Boardmaker has been developed and refined to reduce the time and effort involved to adapt curriculum to meet your student's individual needs.
- Quickly adapt a story or poem with the Symbolate tool which adds symbols to text automatically as you type
- Swap content, appearance and actions between two or more buttons instantly with the swap feature
- Drag-and-drop and resize images from the Internet or from your own digital camera
- Randomly shuffle buttons to quickly create new sorting activities or bingo boards
Think about how you can use the Boardmaker Software Family to adapt materials you've already created, or consider the brand new materials you can create from scratch. The possibilities are endless!