Intellectual disability, sometimes referred to as cognitive disability, affects approximately one in ten families. Some of these individuals may experience difficulty with self-expression and social connections.
Children and adults with intellectual disability can – and do – learn new skills. They may, however, require additional support and time to do so. With proper support, learning, development and growth is within reach for individuals with cognitive disability.
Possible signs and symptoms of intellectual disability may include:
- Delayed speech or difficulty speaking.
- Difficulty expressing needs and wants.
- Trouble understanding the world around them.
- Difficulty understanding the consequences of their actions.
Tobii Dynavox provides a range of tools that individuals with intellectual disability can use to overcome communication challenges, develop language and literacy skills, make choices, speak their minds and fully participate in life.
Our products support several key areas of needs, including:
- Communication and language development.
- Cognitive skills development
- Positive behavior support
- Social skills development