Boardmaker® v.6 software is the most popular choice among educators, speech-language pathologists and para-professionals for creating new and adapting existing activities for students with special needs.
What does that mean? It means that, with Boardmaker®, you can create and adapt symbol-based printed activities that are a fit for all of your students – no matter their ability. A symbol database combined with an easy-to-use drawing program, Boardmaker® features more than 4,500 Picture Communication Symbols™ (PCS) in 44 languages, all in color and black and white.
How Teachers are using Boardmaker®
Educators are using Picture Communication Symbols™ (PCS) with Boardmaker® to enhance learning and communication for their special needs students. Boardmaker® gives educators the ability to create a wide range of materials with its wide range of time-saving tools and features. Here are just a few ideas:
- Visual schedules and social skills stories for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Materials to reinforce common educational, behavioral, and functional living skills
- Books and symbol-supported literacy activities for beginning and pre-readers
- Communication boards and device overlays for non-verbal students
- Worksheets and flash cards for English Language Learners
- Song and Story boards for preschoolers
Boardmaker® has been developed and refined to reduce the time and effort involved to adapt curriculum to meet your student's individual needs.
- Quickly adapt a story or poem with the Symbolate tool which adds symbols to text automatically as you type
- Swap content, appearance and actions between two or more buttons instantly with the swap feature
- Drag-and-drop and resize images from the Internet or from your own digital camera
- Randomly shuffle buttons to quickly create new sorting activities or bingo boards
Think about how you can use Boardmaker® to adapt materials you've already created, or consider the brand new materials you can create from scratch. The possibilities are endless!