Benefits of Windows Control
Tobii Dynavox eye tracking technology has helped thousands of individuals, some suffering from a spinal cord injury or ALS, lead more independent and happier lives. It does so by allowing you to access a computer and the Internet using only your eyes – no mouth sticks, switches or head mouse needed. Simply look at the computer screen and control the mouse cursor with your eye movement. It is fast, ergonomical and gives you access to the many ways a computer can enrich your life.
Tobii Dynavox technology and eye tracking devices, like the Tobii Dynavox PCEye Mini and Explore, can help you with things like controlling your surroundings, pursuing interests and education, as well as staying entertained. It is also a valuable tool for helping you re-enter the workplace, stay in touch with friends and family, meet new people and even interact with children.
With the Tobii PCEye eye tracker and Windows Control software you can operate your computer using only your eyes and enjoy:
- Greater personal independence – Regaining a healthy level of personal independence is possible through Tobii Dynavox eye tracking devices that provide you with access to a computer and the Internet. Learn more
- Social networking – You can take advantage of all forms of communication, write emails to your friends and family, access social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter, and give friends and family updates about yourself through a blog or a personal website. You can even use it to make phone calls. Find out more about gaze interaction and social networking here.
- Artistic expression – Artistic expression through gaze interaction is also a healthy way to spend time, acquire new skills and promote creativity, all things that can increase health and happiness. Learn how you can use gaze interaction to be creative.
- Independent recreation – Taking part in some type of recreation is a way to pass the time, have fun, learn, and stimulate your mind, while improving your overall happiness and health. Accessing a computer and the Internet through eye control without the need of an assistant is one way to enjoy independent recreation.
- Full, ergonomic computer access – Using gaze interaction can be easier on your neck, shoulders and body tone than using a head mouse or a switch.
- Access to environmental control – Environmental control works by remotely controlling IR enabled devices directly from your computer. With it you can take control of things in your surroundings at home or in the office like lights, telephones, TVs, DVD players, toys and more. Being able to control devices via gaze interaction allows you to regain much of your freedom and independence.
- Remaining in work or school – With the ability to use a computer, also via an eye tracking device, you can greatly improve your chances of remaining employed or finishing school.