Getting Started with Snap+Core First
A hands-on training course taking you through everything you need to get started in using Snap + Core First…from setup to implementation. We will cover all the bases!
Our team of experienced AAC professionals will guide you to setup and customize Snap + Core First for individuals you support.
What is included?
- A full copy of Snap + Core First
- Extended trials of Boardmaker Online
- A certificate of attendance
- Exclusive discounts, offers, and prizes
What will I learn?
- Technical skills needed to setup, edit, and customize Snap + Core First
- Implementation skills needed to support engagement and literacy development
- Communication partner skills which facilitate growth
- Fully utilize the free resources in Pathways for Core First to address a wide-range of needs and engage others in the process
Upcoming On-Location Trainings
Who are these days for?
Any communication partner:
- Interested in learning practical use of Snap + Core First in their environment
- Whether you have attended a previous Tobii Dynavox event or not
- Parents and professionals are welcome!
What will I need on the day?
- Fully charged device (laptop, tablet, iPad, Tobii Dynavox device) and charger
- Snap + Core First (trial or full version) and Pathways for Core First installed
- You will need to have registered for a free MyTobiiDynavox account. If you don’t already have one go to wwww.mytobiidynavox.com to sign up.
I went on the last Training Event. Is this the same?
No! We promise you will learn lots of new things. Especially how to take all the evidence-based practice we spoke about last time and put it into practice … but don’t worry if you haven’t been before. There will be a recap.
I don’t have Snap + Core First or Pathways. Where do I get them?
- Request a 30 day speaking trial of Snap + Core First for Windows or iPads here: https://www.mytobiidynavox.com/Store/SnapCoreFirstTrial
- Get a free copy of Pathways for Windows or iPads here: https://www.tobiidynavox.com/en-GB/software/free-resources/pathways-for-core-first/
Will my laptop, tablet, iPad, Tobii Dynavox device run Snap + Core First and Pathways?
- Snap + Core First Windows requirements: Windows 10 version 14393.0 or higher
- Snap + Core First iOS requirements: iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPad
- Pathways Windows requirements: Windows 10 version 10586.0 or higher
- Pathways iOS requirements: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad
I haven’t got a device, can I borrow one?
Please email email@example.com to reserve a device (first come first served).
What is a MyTobiiDynavox account and why do I need one?
MyTobiiDynavox accounts are used to manage Tobii Dynavox software and hardware licence. This will the mechanism for us to issue free software via the Tobii Dynavox for Professional scheme. Please make note of the email address you used to sign up for your MyTobiiDynavox account as this will be asked of you on the day.
Where can I install the free Snap + Core First software I will be given?
The free Snap + Core First license you will receive is via our Tobii Dynavox for Professionals scheme. You can install this license on any laptop, tablet, iPad, Tobii Dynavox device for the use of trialling and assessment. It should not be installed on an end user’s communication aid.
Can my PA come along?
Yes, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your needs.
Do I have to have experience with Tobii Dynavox products?
No! Everyone is welcome.
Can I pay by invoice rather than credit card?
We would prefer if you could pay via Eventbrite but we know this isn’t possible for everyone. Please contact email@example.com who can help with payment.
What attendees say about our training
Very informative. As a newbie to AAC I am finding the world of AAC very daunting. You explained everything really simply and understandable.
Excellent can’t wait to bring it to our school!!! Think we have found a wonderful learning tool!
Really interesting day, it's high time resources to support the implementation of AAC were accessible, so thank you for such a good day.