The Eggheads are back!
Welcome to the next generation!
Attention existing Boardmaker Online Subscribers, learn more about the pre-release version of Boardmaker 7 for deployment testing.
Coming soon to Windows, Mac and Chromebook, Boardmaker 7 is our most robust solution yet. It's loaded with 45,000 Picture Communication Symbols®, hundreds of pre-made printable templates, and accessible interactive activities.
Sign up to be the first to receive updates on trainings throughout the summer and information on how to get started with Boardmaker 7 when it launches, Tuesday November 17, 2020!
- Multi-platform solution runs on Windows, Mac & Chromebook*
- Bring your existing content from any version of Boardmaker with you
- Early support for IT teams to assist with deployment
- Find IT Resources to prepare for Boardmaker 7 here.
*Available as an Android App through the Google Play Store
Stay tuned for our November and December schedule for webinars!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Boardmaker Online and Boardmaker 7?
Boardmaker 7 refers to a group of products. What you know as Boardmaker Online is now called Boardmaker 7 Subscription. There are 3 versions of the subscription offering:
- Boardmaker 7 Organization – previously Boardmaker Online District
- Boardmaker 7 Professional – previously Boardmaker Online Professional
- Boardmaker 7 Personal – previously Boardmaker Online Personal
What changes will I see in Boardmaker Online when Boardmaker 7 launches?
- When you select “Create an Activity” or “Edit”, instead of launching the web-based Online Editor the site will open the installed Boardmaker 7 Editor application.
- When selecting “Play” on an activity, instead of launching the web-based Student Center, the site will open the installed Boardmaker 7 Student Center app.
- When you select, "My Boardmaker," you'll see Activities-to-Go, our new thematic, editable, and leveled curriculum for students in K-12. Each unit includes books, games, behavior supports, speech-language content, crafts, recipes, and more. You can edit the activities, use them as is, or DIY your own unit of Activities-to-Go using Boardmaker 7 templates.
Everything else stays the same. You won’t have to pay anything additional, but you will need to install the editor and Student Center software where previously would have accessed them. All files, students, and all the curriculum titles (Reading Avenue, Core First Learning, Book Bridge, etc) will all still be available as before.
What are some highlights of the new Boardmaker 7?
- The subscription offering no longer uses the Flash-based Online Editor and Student Center, but now includes a powerful installed Editor and Student Center.
- There is now a Perpetual version of the Editor available, which we call Boardmaker 7 Standard.
- Boardmaker 7 subscriptions include one year of standards-aligned content with Activities-to-Go, a thematic, editable, and leveled curriculum for students in K-12 created using Boardmaker 7 templates.
- Boardmaker 7 Standard purchasers can explore a free sample of Activities-to-Go at goboardmaker.com.
Why should I upgrade to Boardmaker 7 if I have Boardmaker v6 or Studio?
Boardmaker 7 takes the best of all previous versions of Boardmaker and rolls those features into one multi-platform, multi-language app that’s designed for modern computers. Boardmaker 7 features a streamlined user interface that puts the tools you need at your fingertips. It includes all the latest PCS, and is backward compatible with all your old boards and activities. This new software will allow you to create and deliver print or interactive curriculum and communication supports faster than ever. If you choose to subscribe to Boardmaker Online, in addition to the software our subscription comes with Activities-to-Go, a thematic, leveled, and editable K-12 curriculum we developed using Boardmaker 7 templates. Boardmaker 7 Standard purchasers can explore a free sample of Activities-to-Go at goboardmaker.com.
If you are a Boardmaker Studio user…
Boardmaker Studio will not be sold after July 31, 2020. We will provide support for those who opt to continue running Boardmaker Studio for two years, but we think you will discover some significant benefits in the upgrade. Plus, the user interface is very similar and should make the transition very smooth.
If you are still using Boardmaker v6…
This is the answer to all of our customers who have struggled with not having a disc-drive or are using a Mac. Boardmaker 7 will be a downloaded and installed solution, available in multiple languages, including all available PCS, and will run on run on Windows, Mac, and Chromebooks at release.
I have hundreds of activities that I created with Boardmaker v6. Will I be able to use them? How will I access them?
Boardmaker 7 will open all your Boardmaker v6 and Boardmaker Studio files. When you open a Boardmaker v6 activity, it may take a few seconds to convert that activity to the new format, but you’ll only need to do that once. You can access them by simply opening the files from your local or network drive, or through the Boardmaker Community account if you saved them online.
Where will my activities be saved in Boardmaker 7?
When you create a new activity in Boardmaker 7 and hit save, it is saved locally. If you are signed into your Boardmaker account (even a free community account) the file can also be saved in your "My Activities" area. This way, you will always have access to the file remotely as well.
Will Boardmaker 7 run on my computer?
Why should I choose Boardmaker?
Boardmaker is a time-tested tool for adapting instructional activities, and creating behavior and communication supports for students with special needs. Boardmaker has been the go-to solution for special education teachers and speech pathologists for 30 years. Boardmaker 7 is our newest product, combining the best features of previous versions into a modern software application that runs on Windows, Mac, and Chromebooks and in multiple languages. Boardmaker 7 Subscription also comes with our new thematic, editable and leveled curriculum for your students in K-12, created using Boardmaker 7 templates. That means you edit the activities, use them as is, or even as a model to DIY your own activities.
For a complete list of FAQs, click here