Back About us Careers Find Account Manager Find your local partner Contact us Blog Newsletter Signup
AAC and Literacy: Why It Matters and How to Get Started
Join us for hands-on workshops learning how to think, plan, and implement effective literacy instruction for people who use AAC.
Come and see how you can jumpstart your teaching and engage all learners in meaningful reading and writing activities while supporting AAC systems from paper based to high tech robust systems like Snap + Core First. We'll dive into using pre-made (and free) curriculum supports like Core First Learning and Boardmaker Activities to Go.
What will I learn?
- How core vocabulary can jumpstart both communication and literacy learning
- How-to strategies for effective, engaging beginning literacy instruction
- How to enhance and extend learning
What is included?
- A full copy of Snap + Core First
- Free printable resources
- Extended trials of Boardmaker Online
- A certificate of attendance
- Exclusive discounts, offers, and prizes
Workshop Dates and Locations
Who is this day for?
- Anyone interested in learning practical use of literacy instruction in their environment
- Teachers, SLTs, TAs, parents, carers, or anyone who wants to support the learning needs of AAC users
- Anyone who has or wants to attend a TD event
- Any communication partner