Tobii Dynavox launches the new I-Series+ and Communicator 5 for even more efficient communication
Stockholm, June 8, 2015 —Tobii Dynavox, the global leader in assistive technology for individuals with communication disabilities introduces the new Tobii Dynavox I-Series+ speech generating devices and accompanying Communicator 5 software. The focus with these innovations is on improving ease of use for users and caregivers, making communication more efficient.
The new I-Series+ and Communicator 5 are the next generations of the previous and very successful I-Series and Communicator suite.
“With I-Series+ and Communicator 5, our goal was to enable faster communication with great focus on ease of use, both for the end user as well as for people around the users,” says Fredrik Ruben, president of Tobii Dynavox. “One of the features that we are extra proud of, currently introduced as a beta, is the ‘dwell-free typing’ where literate eye tracking users can simply gaze over letters to form words they intend to write. This has the potential to significantly increase communication speed for our users.”
“The Communicator 5 Dwell-free typing is so quick. I find I have to really know what I want to say, it is sometimes quicker than my mind,” said Steve Burns, one of the beta testers, diagnosed with ALS.
The new I-Series+
I-Series+ devices come with a 12 inch or 15 inch touch screen and optional eye tracking capabilities, supporting communication through voice, email, text messaging, social networking, phone calls and more. Users can also access computer applications and control their environment including electronic devices, lighting and doors.
Compared to its predecessor, the I-Series+ has a more powerful processor making it possible to run Microsoft Windows 8.1, which is more suitable for users relying on touch and gaze input.
More detailed product information can be found on: www.tobiidynavox.com/iseriesplus
The Tobii Dynavox Communicator 5 has been redesigned with the goal of making the user’s experience much easier and more efficient. Some key improvements are:
- Contemporary look - The contemporary flat design is not only for making Communicator look better, but more importantly to make it easier to use.
- Instant access to most commonly used functions – The Quick Menu function gives caregivers convenient access to the most commonly used settings and functions by pressing the dedicated function button on the side of the device.
- Improved Edit Button tool for quick changes – The improved “Edit Button tool” allows you to make on-the-fly changes to buttons for keeping the user’s language up-to-date.
- Improved on-screen keyboards – The on-screen keyboards in Communicator 5 now have one consistent layout regardless of the page set being used, helping users to type more efficiently.
- Help to get started - With the set-up guide and its pre-defined user profiles, getting started and customizing it to fit the user has never been easier.
- Get support from “the cloud” - Works with the free myTobiiDynavox.com community where you can download page sets, access user manuals, video tutorials, and other resources.
More detailed product information can be found on: www.tobiidynavox.com/communicator5
Pricing and Availability
The Tobii Dynavox I-Series+ is available for purchase, either directly from Tobii Dynavox or from any of our resellers and partners. Please visit http://www.tobiidynavox.com to find the reseller closest to you.
Tobii Dynavox Communicator 5 is available for purchase at a price of USD 599 (US English version). Eligible users of Communicator 4 and/or I-Series can upgrade to Communicator 5 for USD 99 via www.tobiidynavox.com
Grace Nah, Marketing Director, Tobii Dynavox, North America and Canada, grace.nah[@]tobiidynavox.com
Thomas Nordén, Marketing Manager, Tobii Dynavox, outside North Ameriaca and Canada, thomas.norden[@]tobiidynavox.com
About Tobii Dynavox Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii Group (STO: TOBII), is the leading provider of touch and eye tracking based assistive technology hardware and software for those with communication and mobility impairments. Tobii Dynavox has helped thousands of individuals with disabilities such as aphasia, autism, cerebral palsy, ALS, muscular dystrophy, Rett syndrome and spinal cord injury lead fuller and richer lives. Tobii Dynavox stands at the forefront of assistive technology and special education pushing the boundaries of what is possible for delivering the most advanced, effective and empowering communication and computer access tools available. For more information, please visit www.tobiidynavox.com.