Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Our devices are used by both children and adults in the clinical, work, home and school settings to support communication for those living with autism, stroke, ALS and other conditions.
Take a look at this video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ35Zp8ZrJw
We have an immediate need for a UX Designer in our Pittsburgh office. Our Pittsburgh office is located in the Southside. We offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
The User Experience Designer will have extensive knowledge of user centered design, information architecture and designing usable and dynamic applications. This individual will create sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. Designing the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience is a foundational job requirement.
The role and responsibilities:
- Running brainstorming sessions to elicit design requirements
- Gather user research data
- Creating wireframes, storyboards and application workflows
- Designing and producing finished visual screens and mockups
- Ability to create and code working prototypes
- Ability to work hand in hand with the development team to implement finished visual template into the various application frameworks
- Ability to work closely with the clinical team to complete user testing to specific mandates and iterate designs as needed
- Analyze user testing sessions
- Interact with customers and integrate feedback into designs
- Perform various other tasks as assigned
We are looking for someone who has the following minimum qualifications:
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 3+ years of experience as a user interface designer
- Proven experience working on a range of applications across a variety of operating systems
COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Proven experience defining, developing, and documenting UX design and interaction requirements/specifications
- Strong knowledge of tools needed for UX design including Adobe Creative Suite, Visio, etc.
- Experience with web or app product development
OTHER SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to take project requirements and produce accurate time estimates
- Ability to work in a dynamic group setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present and discuss designs with a larger team
- While this role requires a self-starter, this is a highly collaborative position and will work with a variety of cross-functional teams
We give our customers the power to be themselves and live their everyday to the fullest!