Technical Support Representative
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Take a look at this video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zh2UMK8xf0
Our Pittsburgh office is located in the Southside. We offer our full time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
The Technical Support Representative is responsible for handling incoming calls, emails and chat requests received via direct contact or Tech Support line.
- Answer incoming calls to the department via the automated call distribution center or direct line and provide callers with needed assistance
- Provide callers with training and troubleshooting support to address problems or concerns
- Respond to email messages and chat requests and work with customers to resolve issues
- Document all calls and interactions including emails and chat requests in the Call Center database
- Arrange for product repairs when necessary
- Update customer demographic or personal information in the database
- Escalate problems/issues to the Supervisor Technical Support when warranted
- Perform various other tasks as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Associate Degree in Information or Computer Science preferred
- Previous Call Center experience a plus
- Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Annunciation and phone etiquette skills
- Ability to adapt communication style to better respond and meet the needs of the caller
- Fluent in Spanish or French a plus
- MS Office Word and Outlook
- Windows navigation skills
- Keyboarding skills
- Familiarity with database applications, spreadsheets, and relational databases a plus
- Win CE operation systems experience preferred
- Customer service orientation
- Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to maintain composure during stressful situations
- Detail oriented
- See, talk, and hear
- Able to sit, stand, and walk
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
- Ability to work at a desk for prolonged periods of time
To be successful in this role and at Tobii Dynavox you need to be detail oriented, and have the ability to work with interruptions in a fast pace environment.
“Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world.
Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest, hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
- It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real –“
Learn more about what we do by visiting our Youtube channel.