Software Engineer - Information Systems
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Our devices are used by both children and adults in the clinical, work, home and school settings to support communication for those living with autism, stroke, ALS and other conditions.
We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities “speak” with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways. Have a look at our users Steve , Katie , and Stephen to get an idea of how our products can completely change people’s lives. Every day we help people with disabilities ranging from ALS and Cerebral Palsy to Spinal Cord Injury and Stroke.
We have an immediate need for a Software Engineer – Information Systems in our Pittsburgh office. Our Pittsburgh office is located in the South Side. We offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
Tobii Dynavox has an opening for a mid-level Developer to join our growing Information Systems integrations and development team. We are looking for somebody who has experience working in a dynamic fast moving environment and has experience developing and maintaining enterprise systems and who understands how systems can make a difference within an organization.
The role and responsibilities:
- Develop In-house MIS solutions for various departments within the organization
- Perform system maintenance and bug fixes for internally developed systems and 3rd party systems as required
- Develop systems integrations to support interoperability between systems and/or business units
- Work with business managers to determine system requirements for ongoing workflow improvements
- Perform various other duties as assigned
We are looking for someone who:
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in CS/MIS or related field or equivalent combination of knowledge and experience
- 2-5 years developing with Microsoft Visual Studio.NET development tools including C#, ASP.NET, HTML and CSS
- 2-5 years of experience using MVC application frameworks
- 2-5 years of experience developing applications on Microsoft SQL Server databases
- Experience developing Web Services (both as a consumer and a publisher)
- Experience developing custom SOA-based integrations a plus
- Experience employing ORM mapping tools (LINQ, Entity Framework, or similar)
- Experience with Salesforce.com APEX coding a plus
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics APIs a plus
- Proficiency with all MS Office application
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Demonstrated application and web design skills
- Experience setting up web servers in dev environments a plus
- MCSD, MCP or similar certificate a plus
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology. Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real.
We give our customers the power to be themselves and live their everyday to the fullest!
EOE/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/DisabledApply now