Senior Software Engineer
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm, Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities “speak” with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways. Have a look at our users Steve , Katie , and Stephen to get an idea of how our products can completely change people’s lives. Every day we help people with disabilities ranging from ALS and Cerebral Palsy to Spinal Cord Injury and Stroke.
We have an immediate need for a Senior Software Engineer for our Pittsburgh office located in the South Side. We offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
The Sr. Engineer, Software shall be a core member of the engineering team working on a suite of next generation software for the special education market. The individual in this position will be responsible for the architecture, design, and implementation of software on web, desktop, and mobile platforms.
- Be a member of the core project team to shape the direction of the user interface and provide technical guidance to other team members
- Create front-end data architecture requirements and collaborate with infrastructure teams during implementation of solutions
- Lead efforts to run unit tests and performance tests
- 3 - 5 years of hands-on experience with .NET Framework and C#
- Understanding of building graphically intensive UIs, managing multiple view hierarchies, UI transitions, and performance on web, mobile, and desktop devices.
- Integrate applications with exposed Web API’s and supporting services
- Excellent understanding of Agile methodology
- Experience building Electron apps
- Knowledge of Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and Windows Store
- Jira, Git, Team City, and/or Octopus Deploy
- Microsoft Azure
- Familiar with messaging frameworks such as SignalR or Socket.IO
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology. Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real.
We give our customers the power to be themselves and live their everyday to the fullest!