Senior Software Engineer
Tobii Dynavox, named a Top Workplace, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life.
Senior Software Engineer
We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities “speak” with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways. Have a look at our users Steve , Katie , and Stephen to get an idea of how our products can completely change people’s lives. Every day we help people with disabilities ranging from ALS and Cerebral Palsy to Spinal Cord Injury and Stroke.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer who would be responsible for developing next generation software for the special education market.
The role and responsibilities
Your days will be filled with:
- Designing and developing desktop (Electron/React) and mobile applications (Xamarin/C#)
- Being a member of the core project team to shape the direction of the user interface and give technical guidance
- Creating front-end data architecture requirements and collaborate with services team to ensure the exposed services meet the requirements
- Interfacing with project stakeholders to continually incorporate feedback and reinforce the customer’s perspective within the product
All our jobs at Tobii are about innovation, passion and not the least - making things real.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A BA/BS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience is preferred
- Experience writing and refining features, user stories, and defects
- Strong experience developing UIs that render perfectly on multiple devices
- Understanding of building graphically intensive UIs, managing multiple view hierarchies, UI transitions, and performance on mobile and desktop devices.
- Strong understanding of Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Experience leading a team of engineers through complex software projects
Skills needed to be successful in this position:
- Xamarin certified mobile professional developer certification is a plus
- Knowledge of React and Electron and/or Xamarin
- Experience using Azure DevOps (formerly Visual Studio Team Services)
- Azure -- Web/API Apps, messaging services, CDN's
- Understanding of advanced caching mechanisms
At Tobii we want you to be yourself and we welcome applicants from all walks of life. No matter if you wear biker boots or sneakers, or if you spend your nights trying to put all your children to sleep or if you prefer playing Dungeons & Dragons with your colleagues. Welcome to Tobii!
Apply as soon as possible by our website. We handle applications ongoing, don't wait! At Tobii Dynavox, we move quickly.
Working at Tobii you will find yourself in an innovative environment and work with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one, if you take pride in honest hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
It’s all about innovation, passion and making things real.
Tobii Dynavox values equality of opportunity, human dignity, and racial/ethnic and cultural diversity. Tobii Dynavox does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
Equal Opportunity Employer/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled