Senior Software Engineer
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm, Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Take a look at these videos that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJ35Zp8ZrJw , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zh2UMK8xf0
We have an immediate need for a Senior Software Engineer for our Pittsburgh office located in the South Side. We offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for developing next generation software for the special education market.
- Design and develop desktop (Windows UWP and Mac OS) and mobile (iOS, Windows, Android) applications using Microsoft .NET framework and the Xamarin toolset
- Be a member of the core project team to shape the direction of the user interface and give technical guidance
- Create front-end data architecture requirements and collaborate with services team to ensure the exposed services meet the requirements
- Supervise the engineers to ensure that deliverables conform to code quality and security standards
- Interface with project stakeholders to continually incorporate feedback and reinforce the customer’s perspective within the product
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- 5 to 7 years of relevant experience is preferred
- Expertise with C#, WPF, and Xamarin – including Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.Mac, and UWP apps
- Experience writing and refining features, user stories, and defects
- Strong experience developing UIs that render perfectly on multiple devices
- Understanding of building graphically intensive UIs, managing multiple view hierarchies, UI transitions, and performance on mobile and desktop devices.
- Strong understanding of Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Knowledge of all aspects of Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and Windows Store
- Experience leading a team of engineers through complex software projects
- Experience using Jira, Git, Team City, and/or Octopus Deploy
- Experience configuring custom build scripts with Cake
- Azure Web Apps, Azure App Services, Azure Web Jobs
- Understanding of advanced caching mechanisms
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- Xamarin certified mobile professional developer certification is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology. Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real.
We give our customers the power to be themselves and live their everyday to the fullest!