Sales Consultant - Edmonton, Alberta Canada
Tobii Dynavox, www.tobiidynavox.com, the largest business unit in the Tobii Group, is the world’s leader in eye tracking and assistive technology for communication products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments enjoy richer, more independent lives.
Tobii Dynavox was formed in 2014 when Tobii Assistive Technology (founded in 2005) merged with DynaVox Systems (founded in 1983). The merger created the world’s leader in devices, software and tools for alternative communication, enabling thousands of people, worldwide, to communicate.
Our devices are used by both children and adults in the clinical, work, home and school settings to support communication for those living with autism, stroke, ALS and other conditions.
We give people a voice. We help people with various disabilities “speak” with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways. Have a look at our users Steve , Katie , and Stephen to get an idea of how our products can completely change people’s lives. Every day we help people with disabilities ranging from ALS and Cerebral Palsy to Spinal Cord Injury and Stroke.
We have an immediate need for a technically-oriented sales professional for the Western Canada territory covering the Edmonton, Alberta Canada Market.
The Sales Consultant is responsible for contributing to the sales growth in an assigned territory by increasing awareness, developing networks, providing information on Tobii Dynavox products to potential customers and clients and assisting them in the selection and sale of speech generating devices that best meet their needs.
The role and responsibilities:
- Attain sales quota by aggressively working the assigned territory, building strong customer relationships, conducting consultative sales calls, and utilizing solid product knowledge to match customer needs with product capabilities
- Prepare and conduct presentations on Tobii Dynavox products for therapists, medical and educational personnel and institutions, graduating SLPs, funding agencies, organizations, and potential client audiences by educating them on the benefit and use of company products and services
- Prepare quotes for products and services and manage accounts
- Educate SLPs, therapist, educators, and clients on the funding process
- Develop sales leads by researching disabilities, accounts and technology in preparation for acquiring new business
- Territory management through account maintenance and development, clinical support, participation in educational programs, personal equipment loan inventory, and utilization and coordination of internal and external resources to increase customer value
- Act as liaison between customer and the company as needed for account support with repairs, contracts, education, technical assistance, and post-sales support
- Work closely with other Tobii Dynavox employees to ensure that all sales opportunities are pursued and closed
- Conduct business/account reviews with management and customers on a regular basis
- Stay abreast of industry trends and participate in professional organizations within the AAC industry to enhance sales opportunities
- Remain compliant with all provincial Privacy laws and regulations while conducting business
- Prepare expense, special project and sales forecasting reports on a timely basis
- Perform various other tasks as assigned
We are looking for someone who has the following:
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree and 2+ years of durable medical device sales experience preferred
- Would consider background and experience in Speech/Language Pathology, education
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and teaming skills
- Listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Effective sales presentation and platform training skills
- Able to communicate at all levels within an organization
COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- CRM, preferably MS CRM, experience preferred
- Salesforce.com experience preferred
OTHER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Detailed oriented
- Project management
- Ability to multitask
- Position requires extensive travel within the sales territory
- Possession of a valid state driver license and insured motor vehicle
- Hepatitis B vaccination
- Ability to pass a TB screening
- See, hear, and speak
- Able to sit, stand, and walk
- Ability to lift and /or move up to 35 pounds on occasion
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Position requires the potential of 30% travel within a given sales territory
- Valid state driver license and insured motor vehicle
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with continual interruptions
To be successful in this role and at Tobii Dynavox you need to work with a high level of integrity, be detail oriented and be able to build trust!
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real.
We give our customers the power to be themselves and live their everyday to the fullest!