Quality Assurance Internship
Tobii Dynavox currently has openings in Pittsburgh on the South Side for Quality Assurance Interns for the Summer. The Quality Assurance Intern is responsible for conducting manual testing on new products developed by the R&D team.
Testing is performed under the direction of a project lead in a cross-platform environment on desktops, tablet and web applications, as well as speech generating devices.
We help people with various disabilities “speak” with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways. Every day we help people with disabilities ranging from ALS and Cerebral Palsy to Spinal Cord Injury and Stroke.
Take a look at these video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are:
If you want to work with one of Pittsburgh’s 2017 top companies, meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
- Execute test plans and test cases, as directed, on PCs, Windows tablets, iPads and speech generating devices, as well as various browsers
- Testing of Access Methods in Tobii Dynavox applications
- Document product deficiencies clearly and note repeatable steps and workarounds
- Validate product content
- Assist in the validation of corrected issues as directed
- Perform various other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 2 to 3 years of college in one of the following disciplines: Speech Language Pathology (Speech Therapy), Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics
- Ability to communicate technical issues clearly to the R&D team
- Solid interpersonal and teaming skills
- Excellent writing skills
COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Windows 10, as well as 7 and 8
- MS Office Suite
- iPad and Windows tablet experience preferred
OTHER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to work independently or as a member of a team
- Detail oriented, thorough, and precise
- Strong analytical ability
- Understanding of QA methodology and tools would be a plus
- Visual acuity
- Ability to see, hear and speak
- Able to sit, stand and walk
- Finger and manual dexterity
- Able to lift or move up to 10 pounds
- Able to work with interruptions
- Ability to sit at a desk for a prolonged period of time
- Ability to work on-site in Pittsburgh for 3 months at 40 hours a week
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology. Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
We give our customers the power to be themselves and live their everyday to the fullest!