Quality Assurance Engineer
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Take a look at this video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zh2UMK8xf0
Our Pittsburgh office is located in the South Side. We offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
The Quality Assurance Engineer is responsible for performing manual testing of new and existing products developed by the R&D Web development team to ensure compliance with quality standards and customer needs. Software testing is conducted in a cross-platform environment on various platforms and browsers, as well as speech generating devices.
- Test complex web based software and mobile applications in a cross platform and browser environment
- Create test plans and test cases based upon project needs
- Execute and maintain test plans and test cases to ensure products meet quality standards
- Document, track, and validate defects in bug tracking software
- Track deficiencies and re-test products after quality fix has been applied
- Perform a variety of quality assurance tasks across products and platforms
- Collaborate with project team and other staff by utilizing technical skills and creativity to ensure that products function properly and meet the needs of clients
- Participate in program, design and document reviews
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree in computer science, QA or engineering equivalent -- OR -- 3+ yrs experience in SDLC process with a focus on test planning, test execution and defect management
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Software QA/Test role
- Extensive manual testing experience including, but not limited to black box, regression, functionality, and usability testing
- Thorough understanding of Software QA methodology, techniques, tools, and the Software Development Life Cycle
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- ISTQB certification or another comparable QA/Test Engineering certification is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Experience documenting, searching and validating issues in bug tracking software
- Mac OS X versions and Microsoft OS Windows 8, Windows 7, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Mobile app test experience on Android, iOS and windows a plus
- Experience with Jira, TestRail and Agile software development methodology is a plus
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Test Complete or Selenium, is a plus, as is an understanding of how these tools work within a QA environment
OTHER SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent Analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with project team and other members of organization, or independently on project tasks
Working at Tobii Dynavox:
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world.
Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest, hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.