Mobile Software Engineer
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm, Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Take a look at this video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zh2UMK8xf0
Our Pittsburgh office is located in the South Side. We offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
The Mobile Software Engineer will be a core team member working on a suite of next generation software for the special education market. In this position, you will be responsible for the architecture, design, and implementation of software on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android platforms.
- Design and develop desktop (Windows UWP and Mac OS) and mobile (iOS, Windows, Android) applications using Microsoft .NET framework and the Xamarin toolset
- Be a member of the core project team to shape the direction of the user interface and give technical guidance
- Create front-end data architecture requirements and collaborate with services team to ensure the exposed services meet the requirements
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BA/BS degree in in computer science, computer engineering or related field preferred or relevant work experience
- Experience with C#, WPF, XCode, Java, and/or Xamarin – including Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.Mac, and UWP apps
- Understanding of building graphically intensive UIs, managing multiple view hierarchies, UI transitions, and performance on mobile and desktop devices.
- Comprehensive understanding of Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Knowledge of all aspects of Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and Windows Store
- Experience using Jira, Git, Team City, and/or Octopus Deploy
- Azure Web Apps, Azure App Services, Azure Web Jobs
- Integration with Web API
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working at Tobii Dynavox:
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world.
Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest, hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.