Manufacturing Production Technician
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Our devices are used by both children and adults in the clinical, work, home and school settings to support communication for those living with autism, stroke, ALS and other conditions.
Take a look at these videos that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are:
We have an immediate need for a Manufacturing Production Technician in our Pittsburgh office. Our Pittsburgh office is located in the South Side. We offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
The Manufacturing Technician is responsible for the assembly of standardized products and accessories on the production floor and inspects, modifies, tests, and repairs electronic circuits and devices as well as calibrates equipment.
- Assemble, modify, rework, and repair mechanical/electro-mechanical products and accessories
- Prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly drawings and MP’s Work Instructions
- Test assembled parts to confirm operational performance and trouble shoot rejected items
- Record production/assemblies in SalesForce and Dashboard
- Perform various other duties as assigned
- Reference Tech Support and customer notes to trouble shoot defective devises and determine root cause of problem
- Based upon the trouble shooting analyzes, repair customer devices to be fully operational
- Communicate with Tech Support to fully understand the nature of the performance problem to ensure proper repair
- Calibrate and adjust devices as needed
- Enter repair estimates and repair and troubleshooting notes into SalesForce
- Assist with deployment of devices in Product Placement and Trials Department upon request
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associate’s Degree in a technical field, or 2-4 years of repair experience
- 1 year assembly/production experience
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Interpersonal and teaming skills
COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Basic computer hardware understanding
- Ability to enter data into a database system
OTHER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Detailed oriented
- Ability to follow manufacturing and work instructions
- Good soldering skills
- See, talk, and hear
- Able to sit, stand, and walk
- Manual and finger dexterity
- Able to feel and reach with arms and hands
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Light manufacturing environment
- Moderate noise level
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology. Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real.
We give our customers the power to be themselves and live their everyday to the fullest!
EOE/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/DisabledApply now