Tobii Dynavox currently has an opening in Pittsburgh on the South Side for Legal Intern.
We are seeking paralegal students, law students, Master in Public Health candidates, and other graduate students with relevant expertise to intern during the summer.
The intern would work closely with healthcare policy and reimbursement staff along with external attorneys who are among the most experienced, knowledgeable, and respected health law advocates in the nation.
We help people with various disabilities “speak” with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways. Every day we help people with disabilities ranging from ALS and Cerebral Palsy to Spinal Cord Injury and Stroke.
Take a look at these video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are:
If you want to work with one of Pittsburgh’s 2017 top companies, meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
- Contribute to analysis of health care policy and regulation, particularly with regard to Medicare and Medicaid
- Conduct state law surveys and comparisons in the areas of insurance coverage and regulation and health policy
- Assist in responding to requests for legal and policy analysis from advocates around the country
- Gain exposure to developing policy analyses and strategy recommendations
- Perform various other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Have a minimum of 6 months of coursework in graduate programs related to Law, Healthcare Policy, or Health Administration
- College degree (B.A or B.S)
- Solid interpersonal and teaming skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent writing skills
COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Microsoft Word
- Ability to research laws and regulations
OTHER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to work independently or as a member of a team
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work for 3 months up to 40 hours a week
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
We give our customers the power to be themselves and live their everyday to the fullest!
EOE/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/DisabledApply now