Lead Software Engineer - Systems Integration
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm, Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Take a look at this video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zh2UMK8xf0
Our Pittsburgh office is located in the South Side. We offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
The Lead Software Engineer – System Integrations, will have ownership of the SDLC for a team of engineers developing next generation software for the special education market. In this position, you will be responsible for all technical aspects of the projects, lead a team of dedicated engineers, and maintain constant communication with the team manager and project manager.
- Design and develop integration services using C# and ASP.NET Web API
- Collaborate with the application engineers to create services satisfying the data requirements of the various applications
- Manage APIs and services to ensure proper versioning and application compatibility
- Supervise the integration engineers to ensure that deliverables conform to code quality and security standards
- Build and deploy services within the Azure API Apps ecosystem
- Interface with project stakeholders to continually incorporate feedback and reinforce the customer’s perspective within the product
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• BA/BS degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field is preferred or equivalent work experience
• 7 to 10 years of relevant experience is preferred
- Expertise with C#, ASP.NET Web API, ASP.NET MVC, RESTful API creation and management
- Demonstrated knowledge of services oriented architecture patterns and modern web application architecture
- Experience building interfaces to integrate mobile, desktop, and web applications with backend systems
- Proficiency with various service oriented architecture patterns and practices
- Knowledge of Azure Web Apps, Azure API Apps, Azure Web Jobs, Azure API Management
- Experience leading a team of engineers through complex software projects
- Experience writing and refining features, user stories, and defects
- Knowledge of Entity Framework and Azure SQL DB
- Experience using Jira, Git, Team City, and/or Octopus Deploy
- Experience configuring custom build scripts with Cake
- Knowledge of Elastic-Search and the ES API
CERTIFICATIONS / LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS:
- Azure certification is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working at Tobii Dynavox:
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world.
Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest, hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.