Lead Automation Engineer
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China.
Take a look at this video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zh2UMK8xf0
If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you! If you take pride in honest, hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
Our Pittsburgh office is located in the South Side. We offer our full time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
JOB SUMMARY: The main focus of the Lead Automation Engineer is design, development and implement automated solutions to optimize the time it takes to release a product and improve overall quality.
- Responsible for Automation Framework
- Responsible for automation test tool and its architecture
- Plan, implement, and enhance Automated tests.
- Modifies and maintains automation systems.
- Coordinate with the Projects and Application Development teams to drive product quality
- Ability to apply computer science skills in developing automated solutions.
- Provide feedback of critcal issues to QA Manager, ensuring that these issues are tracked in the issue tracking system
- Work with QA Manager to evalute/enhance test plans and automated tests
- Work closely with the Project Groups to replicate customer issues and application use cases
- Install best practices for test suite automation and frameworks and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules
- Work independently or as a Lead of a project team; coordinating effort of other team members
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Science/ other technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer or in a related area
- ISTQB Certified or other QA/Test Engineering certification is desired, but not required
- A thorough understanding of and hands-on experience with Software QA methodology, techniques, tools
- Good project management skills and ability to assign and monitor workload
- Strong organization skills and an understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience with Windows; Android and iOS. MS Office Suite, Team City
- Experience with issue tracking systems including FogBugz and JIRA
- Experience with automated testing tools, such as TestComplete
- Strong detail orientation
Working at Tobii Dynavox:
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world.
Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
- It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real
Learn more about what we do by visiting our Youtube channel.
EOE/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/DisabledApply now