Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Take a look at this video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zh2UMK8xf0
Our Pittsburgh office is located in the South Side. We offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
The Intake Specialist works directly with the insurance companies to verify client eligibility and prepare prior authorization documents for submittal and approval. This position also ensures that department mail, e-mails and new funding requests are filed correctly and forwarded to the appropriate teams. The Intake Specialist is responsible for data entry of customer files into the funding database and organization and intake of new funding requests.
- Receive equipment request from Field Sales Consultants, SLPs or family members for equipment and contact insurance company to verify eligibility
- Monitor incoming funding e-mails and new requests
- Label, store and organize funding documents within the document database
- Enter case and demographic information into database and transfer request to Funding Consultant for review and/or processing
- Contact insurance company to verify eligibility, benefit coverage, and prior authorization requirements
- Research third party insurance requirements in order to complete prior authorization forms correctly
- Prepare prior authorization forms and submit documents to insurance company for approval
- Communicate status of new orders with members of the sales team, clients and Speech and Language Pathologists via e-mail
- Meets established goals and expectations successfully
- Perform various other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma
- Associate degree preferred
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Oral and written communication skills
COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- MS Office Word and Outlook
OTHER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and third party insurance regulations
- Detail oriented
- See, talk and hear
- Able to sit, stand, walk, and reach
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work at a desk for prolonged periods of time
- Able to work with interruptions in a fast-paced environment
To be successful in this role and at Tobii Dynavox you need to be customer focused and interpersonal while collaborating and working with a team. You must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
All our jobs at Tobii Dynavox are about innovation, passion and not the least - making things real.
Working at Tobii Dynavox:
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world.
Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest, hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
- It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real –
Learn more about what we do by visiting our Youtube channel
EOE/AA Women/Minorities/Veterans/DisabledApply now