Intake and Funding Manager - Health Insurance / Healthcare
Tobii Dynavox, part of the Tobii group, is the world leader in eye tracking and speech generating devices - products that help individuals with speech and motor impairments live a richer and more independent life. Headquartered in Stockholm Tobii covers a global market with offices in USA, Germany, Norway, Japan and China. If you want to work with meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
Take a look at this video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zh2UMK8xf0
Our Pittsburgh office is located in the South Side. We offer our full-time employees a generous benefits package including health/dental/vision, 401K with company match, paid vacations, 10 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, free parking, relaxed work environment, free on-site gym, free bike rentals, and various company events.
The Intake and Funding Manager - Health Insurance / Healthcare is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the funded sales, repair and rental order pipeline. The Manager supervises the Intake and Funding teams and provides support to the field service staff. Supports the attainment of revenue goals by ensuring that funding cases are processed in accordance with third party criteria on a timely basis while achieving both order volume and funding packet quality
- Oversee all facets of the daily operation of the Intake and Funding Department ensuring compliance with state and federal laws, policies, and regulations.
- Supervise, train, coach, and mentor staff. Communicate and lead the team to meet revenue and forecasting goals
- Maintain internal controls over funded sales pipeline and monitor incoming funding requests, third party submissions, authorization approvals, and order processing ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures
- Actively engage in process improvement initiatives and ensure that established policies and procedures are implemented and sustained
- Respond to escalated issues involving customer inquiries, sales staff concerns and third party payers
- Communicate frequently with employees, management staff, field staff, SLP’s, insurance provider personnel, educational or government institutions, clients, and family members on funding requirements and authorization requests.
- Assist the Vice President, Global Operations in the development of new initiatives to drive top line sales growth, reduce cycle time, and improve inter-departmental operations
- Provide education support on the funding process and communicate funding related problems with third party payers and changes in funding requirements. Update funding policies and procedures as warranted
- Perform various other duties as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor Degree and 5+ years experience in funding authorization or supervision is preferred
- Oral and written communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal, collaboration, and teaming skills
COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- MS Office Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
OTHER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to perform multiple functions both quickly and effectively while achieving results
- Able to work independently and maintain composure during stressful situations
- Ability to lead change
- Problem solving skills
- See, talk, and hear
- Able to sit, stand, walk, and reach
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to work at a desk for prolonged periods of time
- Moderate noise level
To be successful in this role and at Tobii Dynavox you need to be customer focused and interpersonal while collaborating and working with a team. You must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
All our jobs at Tobii Dynavox are about innovation, passion and not the least - making things real.
Working at Tobii Dynavox:
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world.
Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology.
Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
If you want to build a company rather than just work for one. If you take pride in honest, hard work and want to perform freely in an open environment where you can be yourself, you will feel right at home.
- It’s all about passion, innovation and making things real –
Learn more about what we do by visiting our Youtube channel