Healthcare Reimbursement Internship
Tobii Dynavox currently has openings in Pittsburgh on the South Side for Healthcare Policy Interns for the Summer.
We help people with various disabilities “speak” with their hands and their eyes, interact and communicate with technology, in completely new and often game changing ways. Every day we help people with disabilities ranging from ALS and Cerebral Palsy to Spinal Cord Injury and Stroke.
Take a look at these video that shows how we impact lives and give people with disabilities the power and ability to express who they are:
If you want to work with one of Pittsburgh’s 2017 top companies, meaningful products and solve interesting problems, we might be the right company for you!
The Healthcare Reimbursement Internship is open to current college students. The intern will be responsible for researching third party payer criteria, Medicaid programs, and Medicare, and reporting their findings to the Reimbursement team.
- Research payer criteria using internet provider(supplier) manuals and through communication with third party insurance and Medicaid provider representatives
- Update state Medicaid resource guides using Microsoft programs
- Assist in the preparation of team training and resource materials
- Review Speech Language Pathologist evaluations in comparison with payer criteria
- Perform various other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Have a minimum of 6 months of college in Healthcare policy, Communication Disorders, Health Administration, or equivalent field.
- Ability to communicate with the Reimbursement team
- Solid interpersonal and teaming skills
- Excellent writing skills
COMPUTER OR TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- MS Office Suite
OTHER SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to work independently or as a member of a team
- Detail oriented
- Ability to see, hear and speak
- Able to sit, stand and walk
- Finger and manual dexterity
- Able to lift or move up to 10 pounds
- Able to work with interruptions
- Ability to sit at a desk for a prolonged period of time
Working at Tobii is like being in the heart of innovation. Here you get to work on cool creative projects, together with passionate colleagues from all around the world. Our technology brings a voice to people with speech impairments, it helps us understand human behavior and it is revolutionizing the way we interact with technology. Life is short so we choose to spend it building high tech products that matters!
We give our customers the power to be themselves and live their everyday to the fullest!